Federal law requires that all three of the national Credit Reporting Agencies (CRA's)
send you a free copy of your credit report once a year.
A system has been set up to make it easy for you to get these reports.
Instead of writing to Experian, Equifax and TransUnion separately,
you can get your report from any of all of these by simply doing one of the following:
If you write, include all of the following:
1. Social Security Number (you may use only last four digits if you are worried about security).
2. Date of birth
3. Full name, including any middle initial or suffix like "Jr."
4. Current mailing address.
5. Previous mailing address if you have been at current address for less than two years.
6. If you are in Puerto Rico, include Urbanization Name.
7. List of CRA's from which you want credit report. (Use names above.)
How to contact the Credit Agencies
These companies have regional offices. I suggest you write to corporate
HQ and ask them to forward your mail to the appropriate office.
- TransUnion Consumer Relations
P. O. Box 2000 Chester,
P.O. Box 1000
Chester, PA 19022
Corporate HQ: 955 American Lane Schaumburg, IL 60173
847 517 5600
P.O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013
(888) EXPERIAN (888-397-3742).
Po Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374