Mortgage help for the unemployed

If your income has dropped by 15% or more and you are three months or more behind in your mortgage payments, you could qualify for a new HUD program that can pay your back mortgage AND cover your payments while you are unemployed — for up to two years.  It’s called the Emergency Homeowners Loan Program (EHLP).

As usual there is red tape, and not all states are in this program, but go to the following link and complete the survey at the bottom of the page.  If you answer all questions “yes” and your income is within guidelines, you probably qualify.  You can submit the query as soon as you fill it out:  Emergency Homeowner’s Loan Program

If you want more info, try this EHLP help page.  It shows you what states are participating and what to do if you live in a state that is not.

Comments are closed.